Connect with us

Motorsport

F1 news: Fernando Alonso to Renault, legend open to return, Daniel Ricciardo replacement

Published

on

Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso says he is looking for a challenge “at the top level” and is not ruling out a return to Formula One, amid increasing speculation he could sign for Renault.

“I’m in great physical shape and my motivation is sky high, so I wanted to focus on a top-level category, be it the return to F1, the endurance championship, Indycar…” Alonso said in a video call with students at the Real Madrid Graduate School-Universidad Europea.

Alonso, who won his two world titles with Renault in 2005 and 2006, quit Formula One at the end of the 2018 season.

The Spaniard is a two-time winner of the Le Mans 24 Hour endurance event and finished 13th in his Dakar Rally debut in January. He also plans to race at this year’s Indianapolis 500.

“It was when I was searching for challenges and options for the coming years that I decided to opt for the Dakar adventure,” Alonso said.

Source link

Motorsport

F1 season, dates, calendar, schedule, Formula One, Grand Prix, British, Austrian

Published

on

Formula 1 has announced the opening eight races of the 2020 calendar will take place over nine weeks beginning the first weekend of July, following the shutdown of the sport due to the global coronavirus pandemic.

The sport was put on hiatus on the day of the first two practice sessions of the Australian Grand Prix back in March when a McLaren team member contracted the deadly virus causing the event to be cancelled.

Since then, three more races were cancelled (Dutch, French and Monaco Grands Prix) with the other six all postponed as F1 attempted to reschedule them into a more condensed version of the original calendar.

Watch F1 Classic Races on KAYO including every race of the 2019 Championship. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

No travel exemption for F1

No travel exemption for F1

0:39

Source link

Continue Reading

Motorsport

V8 Supercars, Holden, Red Bull, Triple Eight, exit, closed Australia, latest news

Published

on

Holden’s commitment to the Supercars championship will formally end at the completion of the 2020 season.

The manufacturer has revised its agreement with Triple Eight Race Engineering to provide factory support for the Red Bull Holden Racing Team after the news earlier this year that the brand would be retired by parent company General Motors.

While Holden’s contract with Triple Eight originally ran until the end of the 2021 campaign, an agreement has been reached to terminate the contract a year early.

Watch condensed replays of the 2019 MotoGP season with Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

Supercars adopt 3-race format

Supercars adopt 3-race format

2:14

Source link

Continue Reading

Motorsport

F1 2020, Mercedes: Reverse grid unlikely when season starts in Austria

Published

on

A proposal to introduce reverse-grid races when Formula 1 returns next month is unlikely to be accepted due to opposition from Mercedes – with Red Bull boss Christian Horner telling Sky Sports that Toto Wolff believes it “would interfere with Lewis Hamilton’s championship campaign”.

There has been a fresh push for an experimental sprint race – where the leader of the championship would start at the back – to replace qualifying and determine Sunday’s grid order at tracks which are due to host two races this year to create more unpredictability for the second event.

Austria and Silverstone are both set for back-to-back F1 weekends this summer, with Spielberg kicking off the campaign in early July.

Watch F1 Classic Races on KAYO including every race of the 2019 Championship. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

Smaller teams set for boost

Smaller teams set for boost

1:18

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending